Elder Law: Navigating The Challenges Of Growing Old
As you or a loved one grows older, you will be facing countless legal, financial and practical considerations. Caring for an aging loved one often requires helping them address these important issues. This can be an overwhelming task – especially when you’re already focused on meeting your loved one’s day-to-day needs.
Fortunately, help is available. At the Florida law firm of William A. Johnson, P.A., we provide compassionate guidance for elders and their loved ones. Our firm can assist you with the countless legal issues that affect seniors, including:
- Planning for Medicaid eligibility and other financial considerations involved in long-term care
- Choosing the right nursing home or senior care facility
- Establishing and updating an estate plan, including a power of attorney, health care surrogate designation and HIPAA authorization – vital documents that will give loved ones the authority to make decisions on your behalf in the event that you can’t
- Addressing end-of-life wishes through tools such as a living will and do-not-resuscitate order
- Pursuing a legal guardianship for an incapacitated senior
- Protecting yourself or your loved one from elder abuse and exploitation
- Navigating probate and estate administration proceedings for a loved one who has passed away
Partnering with the right lawyer can go a long way toward getting peace of mind about these important issues. As The Florida Bar-certified specialist in elder law, our attorney has the advanced training and experience necessary to help you work through even the toughest legal issues.
Veterans Benefits: Aid And Attendance
Are you a military veteran or survivor with a VA pension? You may be eligible for additional benefits if you are bedridden, are housebound, are blind, in a nursing home or in need of day-to-day care. We can determine whether you are eligible for these benefits, called aid and attendance (A&A), and help you secure the maximum amount you’re entitled to receive.